Grandsons of Liberty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» What have you done for liberty today?
What Makes us Grandsons EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 1:02 pm by /k/mass

» Biden never did care about Assault weapons.
What Makes us Grandsons EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 12:52 am by He-Man

» Clinton on Benghazi: "What difference does it make?"
What Makes us Grandsons EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 2:20 am by Steppenwolf

» Prominent Activist Claims Obama wants only military leaders who will fire on U.S. Citizens
What Makes us Grandsons EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 1:27 am by L1veFreeOrDie

» Guns Across America protests
What Makes us Grandsons EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 1:48 am by He-Man

» Kennesaw, GA celebrates 25 years without gun violence
What Makes us Grandsons EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 2:36 am by He-Man

» Reliable news outlets
What Makes us Grandsons EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 6:29 am by He-Man

» Today's Going To Be Intresting
What Makes us Grandsons EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 11:01 pm by ConcealedShadow

» The Library
What Makes us Grandsons EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 7:37 pm by Steppenwolf

Urgent Action Items
Email your reps with Ruger's Take Action Now!
+----------------------------+
OPPOSE A NATIONAL FIREARM REGISTRY
-------------------------------
EMAIL YOUR REPS with the GOA against President Obama's infringement of our liberties.
GOA Action Alert: Biden Proposals
POPVOX helps you get in touch with your reps regarding current bills. You can also see which bills your rep has sponsored or co-sponsored.

What Makes us Grandsons

4 posters

Go down

What Makes us Grandsons Empty What Makes us Grandsons

Post by Euclid Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:49 am

As I was looking at this wonderful forum I started thinking, what makes the Grandsons of Liberty special? I mean there already are several political parties that advocate for liberty, but we aren't exactly a political party. We prepare to defend liberty by force of arms, but there are nearly as many militias in this country as there are guns.

So what makes us special? What can we say about Liberty today that will resonate with people, in short what makes us relevant? It's a question that I certainly don't have the answer to yet, and I would be quite surprised if someone else did, but I think it is something that we can figure out together. I'm just going to kind of throw together a laundry list of some things that I would like to see from our organization, and I hope the rest of you do the same.

- High standards of personal integrity exhibited by members.
- Honest discourse on political happenings, not clouded by partisan favoritism.
- Positive and friendly interaction with the outside community, perhaps even community volunteer work.
- A continued push for the cause of liberty, no sunshine patriots around these parts I hope.
- Exchange of useful information and the development of training opportunities in all relevant areas from rhetoric to marksmanship.

Euclid
Euclid

Back to top Go down

What Makes us Grandsons Empty Re: What Makes us Grandsons

Post by PatientØ Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:07 am

I am a first generation American. My parents came here from Peru before I was born. I lived outside the general idea of poverty, like traditional projects in the cities I grew up in. We did not have the option of federal assistance, we had to struggle to make ends meet on our own. I lived in Peru for a short while when I was 12, and saw a lot there, ranging from rampant poverty, to violent crime. I was mugged in broad daylight, and I saw an officer of the "law" there, standing with a rifle. They turned to me, with a 2x4 to my chin, shrugged their shoulders and turned around. I do not want that for this country, and I will do everything I can to prevent this country from going that route. I may be an adopted Grandson, but I consider myself a Grandson nonetheless. There are many more 1st generationers like myself, and I feel I can connect with them, ensuring stronger bonds between us all to preserve freedom.

PatientØ

Back to top Go down

Post by Oh Horizon X Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:29 pm

You bring up a very good question and point, Euclid.

I think that, as of yet, we aren't necessarily special, yet. Our actions will determine that in the months ahead. That's all I can really say for now.
Oh Horizon X
Oh Horizon X

Back to top Go down

Post by /k/mass Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:10 pm

We're special because we care. We care about where our country is going

I'm a dual citizen born abroad and I am a hell of a lot more patriotic than 98% of America. I'm going to go join the Marines because, while I'm not a natural born citizen, I'm still a goddamn American who cares about his country. I don't agree with a lot of what America is doing around the world and to itself, but I'll be goddamned if I don't serve my country and fight for everything it stands for. Perfect or not perfect, I think America is a pretty swell place. Not many countries would offer as many things as it did and still does. And I intend to keep America as it was and should be. For the people, by the people.

/k/mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down